What is Keyword Research? If you are new to SEO or Digital Marketing then you might have been wondering what is Keyword Research, how to start and where to start? In this article, we will explain to you what is Keyword Research.

Keyword research is the most important and very useful activity in search engine optimization. Ranking for the perfect keyword will bring you a good amount of traffic to the website and also make your website as a brand. With the help of keyword research, you can rank your website for the keyword and also know your customers better.

Keyword research will also make your website to get quality and right kind of targeted audience or visitors to the website. With the use of keyword research, you can predict the search terms that internet users seek near future, and you can produce, create the content accordingly.  

Keyword Research

How to know the value of a keyword?

You will be thinking that how worth the keyword is valued to your site?

The classic online marketing formula is to understand the value of the keyword and make changes to our website, AB testing and repeat. If you have an online cloth store and a user searched for “torn jeans” or “round neck T-Shirt” and landing to your site, will you make more sales or not?  Most of the keyword information will be available in webmaster tools, but these tools cannot show the value of the keywords.

Understanding the Long Tail of Keyword Demand

Know the Long Tail Keywords Demand

It’s wonderful to a keyword which has 5,000 searches every day or even 500 would be fine, but the reality is these search terms are actually make up less than 30% of the searches on the search engines. The rest 70% is in the form of “long tail” search. The long tail keywords contain hundreds of single unique words that might be searched many times in a day, but, when we take it together, it will make the world’s majority search volume.

One more lesson that marketers have learnt is that long tail keywords will convert better than the normal keywords because long tail keywords catch the user. A user searching for “torn jeans” might be just browsing, and not in a mood to buy jeans. But one who searches for “best-torn jeans under 900” might be the one who is willing to buy.   

what is keyword research

Keyword Research Resources:

  • Google AdWords Keyword Planner Tool
  • Google Trends
  • Moz Keyword Explorer
  • Ahrefs
  • Microsoft Bing Ads Intelligence
  • Wordtracker’s Free Basic Keyword Demand

If you are a newbie you can start with Google’s AdWords Keyword Planner tool for your keyword research purpose. Google Keyword planners not only gives you ideas and estimated search volume for a keyword but also tells the cost of running an ad campaign for the search term.

 

Keyword Difficulty

What is Keyword Difficulty? And how can you rank top?

In order to decide which keyword to target, it’s important to not only understand the demand for a search term, but also the effort required to achieve the desired ranking. If big brands take the top place then you need to struggle hard to overcome them.   

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here